Common answers to the question asked of all writers: “Where do you get your ideas?”
- I keep writing until something happens, then I cut all the stuff in between.
- Dreams. Be happy I only remember about 10% of them.
- Episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- An actual conversation between me and my spouse.
- My dog.
- Some time after beer number three.
- Some time after coffee number twelve.
- Between 1:00am and 4:30am, if I have the language skills to get them down on paper.
- In the shower.
- On my commute.
- Right before I fall asleep, gone before I wake up.
- Sitting on the love-seat staring at my wife talking, knowing I should be listening (not that often I swear).
- Staring at the books in my office.
- Sitting in long meetings.
- Listening to Shostakovich.
- During the sermon when I should be paying attention for my Going Deeper post.
- On long…
View original post 49 more words